Top Interview Questions for ISO 27001
An internationally recognized certification, the ISO certification, describes, implements, and maintains an organization’s Information Security Management System. It increases trustworthiness and market value for the organization. This comprehensive blog contains the most important interview questions and answers for ISO 27001 2022. It will help aspirants who are ready to crack the interview and be placed as a Lead Implementer or Lead Auditor.
1. What is ISO 27001? ISO 27001 is a specification certificate for an information security management (ISMS) system. It is a framework policy and procedure that includes all technical, physical and legal controls necessary to manage Information Risk Management processes.
2. What does ISO 27001 certification mean in terms of risk assessment. ISO 27001 certification allows organizations the ability to identify, analyze and evaluate flaws in information security processes.
3. What is ISO 27001’s primary purpose? To provide the framework for the development of a management system to manage the risks associated data and information and maintain high levels of confidence.
4. What does ISMS mean? The Information Security Management System (ISMS), is an approach that allows organizations protect and maintain information assets, both virtual and physical, from practical threats.
5. Which industries prefer ISO 27001-certified employees? Any industry that keeps confidential data must have ISO 27001-certified employees. There are several types of sectors:
6. Explain the differences between ISO 27001 & ISO 27002. ISO 27001 is a standard certification that organizations use to attain security standards. ISO 27002, on the other hand, is a code to practice that provides guidelines for security controls as determined in Annex A to ISO 27001-2013.
7. What does Annex A of ISO 27001 mean?Annex A contains 114 controls. These controls provide an overview of each control. These controls can be divided into four sections and address multiple risks, such as:
Data encryption and transmission
Information security training
8. Check out the audit controls for ISO 27001.
Information security policies
Organisation of information security
Human resource security
Security in the physical and environmental realm
Maintenance and acquisition of systems
Management of information security incidents
Information security is an important aspect of business continuity management
9. What does the CIA triad mean? The CIA triad is a standard model that is used to create the foundation for security policies and systems. This model identifies vulnerabilities and provides methods to address them. It also helps in designing effective solutions. The CIA triangle has three sections
10. What is the difference between Symmetric or Asymmetric encryption? Symmetric encryption uses one key to share among those who wish to receive the data. This type of encryption can be used to transfer large amounts of data. Asymmetric encryption uses two keys (public key, private key) to encrypt or decrypt data. This type of encryption transfers a smaller amount of data.
11. Define XSS. Cross-site scripting is a web security threat that can be found in websites and web applications that allow user inputs. It injects malicious code to create an attack surface for Cross site scripting attacks, such as message boards, web pages and forums.
12. What is the difference between Black Hat hackers and White Hat hackers? Black Hat hackers are non-ethical hackers that manipulate data, compromise security and steal information in order to gain financial benefits